The Beneficiary Trust Program
Disability, Estate Settlement, and Elder Law Planning often involves the use of various Irrevocable Trusts* where the Trustee may not be the Grantor, but has fiduciary responsibilities and liabilities to the Grantor and/or Beneficiaries.
*IDITs, A-Survivors, B-Bypass, C-Q~TIP, and/or SNTs-Special Needs Trusts
The Beneficiary Trust Maintenance program will allow you to meet with our attorneys to limit your exposure and assess your performance as the Trustee in the following areas:
- Annual Accounting;
- Grantor and Beneficiary communication;
- Funding the Trust;
- Trust Distributions; and
- Duties and Responsibilities.
As a member of the Beneficiary Trust Program, we are your first stop for updates, as well as Legal, Financial, or Tax questions:
Beneficiary Trust Triage
We are a phone call away for access to attorneys and will either help or coordinate someone who can help.
Beneficiary Trust Education Events
Join us twice a year for an evening of champagne, dessert, interesting education, and clarity to keep current on:
- Elder Law Updates;
- Estate/Financial/Tax Planning;
- Legal and Regulatory Changes;
- Resources – meet specialists in areas such as social work, elder abuse, healthcare, social security, in-home care, assisted living facilities, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s; and
- Learn and share with other families going through similar situations as yours.
Beneficiary Trust Social Events
Education and Triage sounds boring, so also join us for family time:
- One Summer FamilyCare™ Outdoor BBQ; and
- One Winter FamilyCare™ Holiday Open House.
Beneficiary Trust Annual Accounting
In October and November of each year, our firm will fulfill your requirements to provide notice of accounting to the Grantor and Beneficiaries of the Trust:
- Review and deliver accounting to limit Trustee exposure;
- Prepare correspondence to the Grantor and/or Beneficiaries;
- Counseling and Maintenance of asset protection and income tax benefits where applicable; and
- Established parameters for automatic distributions.
Beneficiary Trust Annual Meetings
- 1st Quarter Trustee/Attorney meeting to review the specific elements or your plan as well as your Trustee duties and responsibilities;
- 3rd Quarter pre-accounting meeting and introduction to your investment advisory resource firm; and
- Review and assist in the initial and ongoing funding of the Trust (not including benefits retention)
Twenty percent reduction on future California Estate and Elder Law Settlement fees.
Annual Fee: $3,000.00
Our FamilyCare Maintenance Programs allows you to keep your planning up to date in the following areas:
Family Trust Program – To help you make sure you and your plan are current, California Estate and Elder Law, LLP offers The Family Trust Program.
Beneficiary Trust Program –Disability, Estate Settlement, and Elder Law Planning often involves the use of various Irrevocable Trusts where the Trustee may not be the Grantor, but has fiduciary responsibilities and liabilities to the Grantor and/or Beneficiaries.
Benefits Retention Program – Many of our valuable clients enroll in our Benefits Retention Program for assistance in filing the required annual re-determination paperwork.